Wednesday, May 11, 2011
Friday, April 29, 2011
Thursday, April 28, 2011
Duchess of Windsor
Photo: Cecil Beaton, Vogue, July 1937
Princess Elizabeth (Queen Elizabeth II)
Monday, April 25, 2011
Sunday, April 24, 2011
There was a violent earthquake, for an angel of the Lord came down from heaven and, going to the tomb, rolled back the stone and sat on it. His appearance was like lightning, and his clothes were white as snow. The guards were so afraid of him that they shook and became like dead men. The angel said to the women, “Do not be afraid, for I know that you are looking for Jesus, who was crucified. He is not here; he has risen, just as he said. Come and see the place where he lay."
1 – Tulip bouquet seen on Romantic Wedding
2 – Favours with egg name tags from Not On The High Street
3 – Tulips table seen on the Bridal Blog
4 – Macaroon tower seen on Manolo for the Brides
5 – Ribbon chair backs seen on Project Wedding
6 – Mini hot cross buns from The British Larder
Saturday, April 23, 2011
Can't wait to see this movie with beloved Kate Hudson and want advanced screening tickets for free?! All you have to do is go to 93.7 Kiss Country's website and request them! www.ksks.com, go to their contest link, then follow the instructions how to get & print them! Its that simple. Hope to see you there!
Monday, April 18, 2011
I communicate with love. Every moment is a profound opportunity. Consider how very fortunate you are. Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you. Complain less, breath more. Be a path of life, not afraid of it. Make the choice to let go of negative thoughts. Let Be, Let Go, Let See, Let Flow. You are a walking breathing wonder. You have a beautiful soul. Give thanks for another day of loving.
Sunday, April 17, 2011
This Vietnamese creation is made of 90 gemstones, 9 diamonds, and 1 star-shaped ruby. The red and white glittering bouquet has made its way into the Vietnamese Guinness Book of Records for the most expensive collection of gemstones and flowers. How much you ask? It comes in at $125,000 USD. The gemstone bouquet is symbolic of eternal love. It conveys a wish of happiness in the lives of all married couples. The bouquet is displayed on the 6th floor of the Ruby Plaza, one of Viet Nam's largest trade centers.
Credits: http://www.weddingbycolor.com/wifewag/milestones/32401, http://most-expensive.net/wedding-bouquet
Monday, April 11, 2011
If you plan to change your name after you get married, you need to file a name change with Social Security. Below are some steps to help with the process.
Pick up an Application for a Social Security Card at a local Social Security Administration (SSA) office. This is the document you need to change any information on record with the Social Security Administration, including your name. Some cities require you to apply in person for the replacement card, according to the SSA. Check the requirements of your local office by calling 1-800-772-1213.
Print out a blank copy of the name change application if you would like to change your name via mail. The application may also be printed out, filled out in blue or black ink and and hand-delivered to the local SSA office.
Locate your certified marriage license or the certified court document from the local family court granting your name change. The SSA office needs to view the original forms, not copies, in order to update your name and issue a replacement card.You should also be sure to order an additional "certified" copy of your marriage license since you wont get that one back.
Find an identifying document which shows your former last name. The document should also include either a photo or date of birth. A driver's license, even an expired one, is acceptable proof of your former legal last name, according to the SSA. Other acceptable forms of identification include your US passport or an identification card issued by your home state.
Make copies of your all of your original documents, including the application, before mailing them or bringing them into the SSA office.
Change your name on your driver's license with your new Social Security Card as proof of your new name. Once you have changed your name on your social security card and driver's license, you should proceed with changing it elsewhere, including your cable, internet, cell phone, gas, oil, credit card and garbage collection bills.
Social Security Card info and photo credit:
Monday, February 14, 2011
Cake-(Katiegracedesign.com) created by BrownBetty
Just Married Car-Amy Carroll Photography
Marry me cupcake-cupacake.co.uk
Pink & Red bridesmaids-:ourlaboroflove.com
Engagement balloon photo-Geenweddingshoes.com and photo by Sarah Yates
Pink wedding balloons-Ruffledblog.com
Red Balloon Hearts with guests-Oncewed.com and photo by Johnathan Ong
Monday, February 7, 2011
Isn't that postcard beautiful?! I would love to receive something like that in the mail if I was a guest. Thanks Yareny for letting me use you two for an example:)
Tuesday, February 1, 2011
Let me just say, wow... the past few weeks have been so busy for us at Genesis! On January 8th, we had an Winter Wonderland themed engagement party, for one of our brides, at the San Joaquin Hotel(located on Shaw near Fruit in Fresno). Then on Sunday, January 9th, we had a booth at the Premier Bride Showplace, downtown at the Convention Center. Genesis' booth theme pertained some elements from the engagement party the night before, using the "Winter Wonderland theme". We had a barista and gave away coffee in our personalized "Genesis" coffee cups. Hopefully you were able to join us, it was a great time. Here are some pictures from both events, enjoy!
Most of the desserts were done by intern, Serena! She did an absolutely fabulous job! They were a big hit among the crowd.
Also thanks to Rosemary and Serena for the pictures!
Friday, January 21, 2011
I wanted to let everyone know that we are now David's Bridal exclusive preferred wedding planners! If you ever want to stop by to chat, we'd love to see you! Located at 455 East Shaw Avenue & Hwy 41 in Fresno, CA 93710
Logo credit: www.DavidsBridal.com
Thursday, January 20, 2011
By Robyn Powell
10. Saves time – Planning wedding takes enormous amount of time. In fact, the average couple spends well over 200 hours planning their special day. A good wedding planner will save you time and energy by researching vendors, taking care of the many, many details, and coming up with various creative ideas to make your wedding amazing!
9. Saves money – Weddings can be extremely expensive. However, by hiring a wedding planner, couples can save a great deal of money. Because wedding planners provide so much business to vendors, they are often able to negotiate discounts for their clients. Wedding planners are also well-versed at helping couples set budgets and sticking to them.
8. Saves relationships – Weddings are very stressful. This stress often results in many arguments for couples as well as with family members and friends. Wedding planners have been there time and time again and know how to avoid such problems before they begin as well as act as a buffer when there are conflicts. Wedding planners are also able to take on the responsibilities often assigned to loved ones so that everyone is able to enjoy the wedding. Remember, you still want a relationship with your mother well after your wedding!
7. Ensures dreams are made realities – Most have been dreaming of their wedding day their entire life. Wedding planners work for the couple and ensure that all desires are met (and often surpassed)!
6. Offers advice – Wedding planners have planned countless weddings and know exactly what works and what doesn’t. They are also knowledgeable on wedding etiquette. Furthermore, wedding planners are able to recommend competent vendors, based on personal experience.
5. Acts as the “go to person” – The average wedding has at least 22 different vendors. Combine that with the entire wedding party and all of the guests and that is a lot of people with questions and concerns! By hiring a wedding planner, couples can simply tell others “talk to the wedding planner!”
4. Creates schedules – There are so many events leading up to the big day! Couple that with the many things that happen during the wedding and who can keep track? The wedding planner can! Wedding planners are well-versed at making detailed itineraries for all involved (including other vendors) and making sure that everything happens on time!
3. Handles crisis – Whether we like it or not, most big events involve crisis. Who really wants to deal on their wedding day with the bakery not delivering the cake on time or the flower girl throwing a tantrum? No one! Wedding planners know how to handle all unforeseen circumstances.
2. Orchestrates from rehearsal through the reception – Do you want to be responsible for organizing rehearsal or making sure the bridal party is properly lined up? How about making sure that the guest who had a little too much to drink departs safely? Wedding planners orchestrate from rehearsal through the reception, ensuring everything goes off without a hitch!
1. Minimizes stress and maximizes fun! – Hiring a wedding planner ensures that you will have a worry-free and stress-free day, thus, allowing you to enjoy your day like your guests!
Credits: www.Zimbio.com, www.Bridalfantasyblog.com
Wednesday, January 5, 2011
During the month of December Genesis Master of Events had the privilege to donate the table centerpieces to Hope for the Holidays. The event took place on Sunday, December 19th at the Ernie Valdez Exhibit Hall in downtown Fresno and about 1,5000 attended. We created, delivered, and set up all the centerpieces for the event.
Not only did we donate centerpieces, but we volunteered with any additional assistance they needed, like wrapping presents or serving food. I personally worked at the "cookie station". There were probably 15-20 other volunteers at my station. The children would come up, pick what color frosting they wanted, and then put sprinkles on top. It was so rewarding to see the kids faces light up when they got to make their own cookies!